There are a variety of career opportunities in Communications Management (CM). We have a high employment rate with our graduates getting top positions in media, business, and information technology. In order to get these positions, students are encouraged to be pro-active in preparing for their careers and the job search process.
The Office of CM serves as a service center that identifies career resources and supports CM students with the job search process. The Office of CM hosts a variety of events, including guest speakers, provides job search tips, and assists students with their job search questions. To make students competitive in the job market after graduation, the CM website provides access to job ads that help students understand what employers are looking for. In addition, there are a number of Shih Hsin University resources available to CM students such as job fairs and library collections.
Students are encouraged to participate in part time jobs and internships in the field, volunteer, and attend technology workshops. These are the types of activities that strengthen a résumé. Students are also encouraged to save class projects and strong papers for their job search portfolio.
An Internship provides valuable knowledge and skills to a student and is one of the most rewarding ways to form professional relationships with our CM alumni and other employers. The CM continually develops industry and academic ties with renowned media and business industries. This provides ongoing internship and part-time job opportunities for our CM students. We strongly encourage our students to participate in one or more internships before they graduate. This allows them to obtain valuable career experience and develop connections that may lead to a fulltime job after graduation.
Jobs that Communications Management graduates can get include:
- Reporter for newspaper, magazine, TV station or radio station, news anchor, producer, market researcher, advertising sales coordinator, business managers.
- Advertising or marketing specialist, copy writer, account executive, sales manager, media planner, creative director, media sales representative, public opinion researcher.
- Sales representative, customer relations representative, marketing specialist, executive in a business organization.
- Corporate communication officer, communication policy analyst, communication trainer.
- Executive in government or university position, administrator for welfare agency, school or university information specialist, event planner.
- Script writer, production assistant, assistant director.
- Graphic designer, art director or creative director in advertising, web or interactive designer
- Advertising copy writer, account executive, public relations officer, media planner, media interviewer.