The Shih Hsin University Department of Communications Management is committed to excellence and innovation in the education of communication and management professionals, the creation of new knowledge and skills, and service to a diverse society embedded in a dynamically changing global communication and management environment. To accomplish this mission over time and under changing conditions the department champions the following principles:
- Advance high quality communication scholarship in ways consistent with the mission of the College of Journalism and Communications.
- Maintain quality faculty that demonstrate excellence both in the classroom and in scholarly pursuits.
- Educate students that prepare them for fulfilling careers, professional leadership, lifelong learning, social responsibility, technological mastery, and to serve society and the communications and management profession.
- Provide optimal facilities and resources to support a dynamic learning environment.
- Contribute new knowledge with a particular focus on media management, marketing communications management, and the role of media in society.
Create a climate of intellectual engagement, openness and respect within the department.